Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.

We have a 2007 R350. Seems like the radio display is locked

Customer Question

Hi- we have a 2007 R350. Seems like the radio display is locked to just the Mercedes Icon. The radio station is playing but the steering wheel controls are not working to control any radio functions.Any ideas?
JA: Many things can cause steering issues. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: It's nothing to do with steering, just the radio function. The audio display is not changing from the initial Mercedes display on the screen.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I guess it depends. If it's a simple fix, probably, if complicated probably not. This is my wife's car so I don't drive it often. I'm hoping something can be easily reset.
JA: Is there anything else the Mercedes Mechanic should be aware of about your Mercedes?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 4 months ago.
Hello. There are only two options we can do. Pull the fuse to the radio to reset it or have the software updated at the dealer. I'll get you the fuse location in a moment. Lou P
It is fuse 25 located in the rear fuse box next to the spare tire.
Here's the layout of the fuse box. and paste that. Hope this information helps. Lou P.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks Lou! I will try the fuse trick tomorrow. Thanks for your response.

no problem, let me know if it works, this was a common issue that would happen and require a software update but with a car this old it should have shown itself years ago so the radio may have just glitched. so let me know if it works, there is not much more we can do but i would still like to know :)

Please take a second and click the STARS above and rate my service 4 or 5 stars if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou.Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED !