Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician

I had an accident my 2005 Mercedes BenzDismantled itStorage

Customer Question

I had an accident my 2005 Mercedes BenzDismantled itStorage put the new parts back on the carYou know the car has been running all Along Moved it to put it in position to go into my garageNext day I went out to start itThe power battery is deadChanged itAnd then there was no power to the fuel pump
JA: So many things can cause fuel pump issues. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanics we work with have tons of experience dealing with them. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes I've been repair business for over 20 yearsI have been told that The ECU would have to resetAlso one airbag deployed so the module has to be reset
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have checked all fuses and relays And there's no power to fuel pump
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mercedes Mechanic should know about your Mercedes?
Customer: Not that I can think of this car was not seriously damaged
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Hi,my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to try to assist you with this.I may need more information in some cases to help with answering your question.

Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

If the engine computer (ME) was replaced at all this has to be coded/programmed to your model here in order to work properly.This will cause this issue here.If this was not replaced check for any shorted or damaged wiring on this model in the area of the accident and repair any issues found.If this is all checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue from here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete