MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes
15777119

My smart key intermittently fails to open my 2007 ml350. I

Customer Question

My smart key intermittently fails to open my 2007 ml350. I practically have to place the key by the reciever on the drivers door and keep pressing till it works.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Mercedes. The Mercedes Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I can't relie on my smart key to open my 2007 ml350
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have changed the batteries, tried the second key all to no avail
JA: Is there anything else the Mercedes Mechanic should be aware of about your Mercedes?
Customer: When I open with the physical key within the fob just the hazard light come on no sound
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** you tell me what it reads when you insert the key into the ignition and turn it. Any warning lights?