sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

We have a 2006 Sprinter. The right-hand exterior mirror

Customer Question

We have a 2006 Sprinter. The right-hand exterior mirror stopped working. It can no longer be adjusted from the driver side inside. The left-hand mirror does work.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Mercedes. The Mercedes Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I've checked the fuse. The fuse is ok, and the left hand mirror seems to work ok. Only the right-hand exterior mirror will not adjust.
JA: Have you found the car's fuse panel? Do you know what fuse number you need?
Customer: Yes, we have checked #4 fuse and it is OK.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing more than checking the fuse.
JA: Is there anything else the Mercedes Mechanic should be aware of about your Mercedes?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The problem could be in the switch, wiring between it and the mirror, or the problem could be in the mirror itself. The mirror would be the most likely cause and is where I would start with testing from this point. What would need to be done is remove the mirror and use an incandescent test light to test for power and ground across the push/pull driver circuits for each function as the switch is pressed, and if the test light does light up but the mirror doesn't move then it will need to be replaced.