Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

I am having trouble with my soft top convertible the light

Customer Question

I am having trouble with my soft top convertible the light will flash on the console and the trunk will not open sometimes it will work and I have tried the key in the lock for the trunk that will not work and the remote does not work the trunk had worked fine till we had the top down and back up and nownothing
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 11 months ago.

hello, my name is ***** ***** am going over your story to see how i can assist i will reply in a minute or so.

Hello, there was a common problem with wiring breaking at the trunk hinge on the drivers side of the trunk lid area,

to manually open the trunk you need to insert the key and turn it to the left to the 11 oclock position and while holding it there then you push in the button to pop the trunk. have you tried it this way?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
it does not work
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I tried again and it worked now how about the soft top

ok what does not work?

it does not turn to the left?

or it does not pop when turning it to the left and pressing in the lock button at the same time?

it is common for the lock to not turn due to never being used but once it turns it should always pop the lid. if we cannot get the trunk open then it will have to be taken to a shop and drilled out .

also when you turn the lights on do the rear license plate lights and taillights work?

i know i asked a lot of questions please answer all of them so i know we are on the same page.

i sent you a phone offer, this may be easier over the phone.

when it comes to convertibles a lot can get lost in translation.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Now it is stuck in this position

ok so did you just try to work the top after you opened the trunk?

if i am going to help you i need to be on the same page as you and you need to be patient and not go trying things on the car to see if they work, it will make this process a whole lot longer then it needs to be,

what does the dash message say when trying to open the top??

Nancy did you get it figured out ? I am here to help if you still need me.

Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 9 months ago.

I have taken my time to answer your question the best i could and i will continue to help if you need follow up information , all i ask is that you PLEASE take a second to rate my service so i may receive my credit for assisting you. Thank you.