Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

I just bought a ml500 2005 today and can't get past the

Customer Question

I just bought a ml500 2005 today and can't get past the security code for the stereo. Can you help me?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Mercedes. The Mercedes Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I don't know my security code to my stereo
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: 00000, 12345, etc
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mercedes Mechanic should know about your Mercedes?
Customer: Not at this time
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 12 months ago.

HE MY NAME IS***** TRY TO ASSIST YOU .

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Ok here w can I get the 5 digit security code

THE ONLY WAY U CAN GET IT IS THRU THE DEALER , THE GOOD NEWS IS THEY SHOULD GIVE IT TO YOU FOR FREE IF U GIVE THEM THE VIN # ***** CALL THE LOCAL MERCDES AND ASK FOR SERVICE , NOT PARTS LINE . THAT IS AS LONG AS THE RADIO IS THE ORIGINAL TO ***** ON THAT VIN# ***** NOW IF SOME REASON THE RADIO HAS BEEN CHANGED, IT IS NOT THE END OF THE WORLD , FORTUNATLEY BECAUSE IF U PULL THE RADIO OUT AND GIVE THEM THE ERADIO SERIAL NUMBER THEY CAN PULL IT OUT THAT WAY .

I WISH I HAD IT NOW , I WOULD SGIVE TO YOU , BUT THE DATA ONLY MERCDES DEALER HAS IT , BUT IS AVAILABLE TO YOU FOR FREE, I MEAM SOME DEALER MIGHT BE PICKY AND ASK FOR PROOF OF OWNERSHIP ,JUST GO DOWN THER AND SHO THEM ID & REGISTRATION

HOPE THAT WAS HELPFULL TO YOU .

A POSITIVE RATING IS APRECIATTED

THE POST WILL STAY OPEN FOR YOU TO COME BACK AND ASK ME FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS ON THIS ISSUE FOR NO EXTRA CHARGE .

THANKS . GOOD LUCK

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Ownership proof is no problem as I purchased the vehicle outright this afternoon. Another question for you real quick as you seem pretty knowledgeable in this area. I have a 2012 Jeep Liberty touch screen stereo and wondered if I could replace it this stereo with that one.

YOU MEAN BUT IT IN THE ML ?

YES YOU WILL HAVE TO BUY A A CONVERSION KIT FOR THE ,THEY MAKE ONE WHERE U CAN JUST PLUG IT IN THE HARNES SIDE OF THE CAR AND SHOULD PULG BACK IN THE AFTER MARKET ONE, THAT ME ASSUMING IT IS AN FATER MARKET ONE U TALKING ABOUT THAT IS IN THE LIBERTY, , BUT TO CONFIRM I NEED MORE INFO ON IT , LIKE BRAND , MODEL AND DO THEY MAKE A KIT FOR IT , I WILL HAVE TO LOOK IT UP FOR YOU.

PLEASE DONT FORGET TO RATE ME SINCE THAT IS HOW WE GET COMPENSATED .

I WILL BE ONLINE ALL WEEKEND FROM 8 AM TILL 12 PM USUALY .

LET ME KNOW IF U NEED ANYTHING ELSE .

Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 12 months ago.

Hello, if you post the vin number here i can get you the radio code, do not keep entering numbers or the radio will display the word "wait" and it will take some time to get that removed. but if you give me the vin i can get you the radio code and save you a trip to the dealer. the dealer will not give the code over the phone , they are not allowed to. i am a dealer tech :) so i have access to the codes. Lou P

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
2012 Jeep Liberty limited
No if you post the vin to the Mercedes ML I can get you the radio code.