Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer with 23 years experience in the auto industry, 8 yrs in formula 1 engine testing
12772297

I have a 2009 ML63 with 106,000 miles. The Check Engine

Customer Question

I have a 2009 ML63 with 106,000 miles. The Check Engine Light is on with a code of PF208. Dealer is telling me I have to replace Intake Manifold at the tune of 7K. Is it worth it to get it fixed? Hard to believe Intake is the problem. Car runs fine.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  eautosales replied 10 months ago.

whats the trouble codes?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
PF208

I do not see that as a valid code are you sure?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Let me double check. Hang on.

k

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The error code is P228F.

I don't see that either ill opt out maybe another expert can jump in

Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 10 months ago.

P228F I CANT FIND THAT NEITHER , I WILL OPT OUT MAYBE ANOTHER EXPERT CAN HELP YOU , SORRY

Expert:  Matt replied 10 months ago.

hello

another expert here

the closest fault code that matches is P0228 which is a faulty throttle pedal position sensor

if you have this issue I'd expect to have issues with driveabilty and hesitation from the engine

now if the fault is with the inlet manifold a common fault is with the variable inlet mechanism and there's a repair kit to tackle this without having to repalce the manifold

see here

http://www.eeuroparts.com/blog/1692/mercedes-benz-intake-manifold-woes/

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The p228f from all my research is the following error. FUEL RAIL PRESSURE (FRP) REGULATOR INCORRECT LEARNED VALUE
Your reference to the intake manifold repair kit unfortunately doesn't apply to mine. I have the 6.3 v8. I am regretting giving over my credit card to you guys.
Expert:  Matt replied 10 months ago.

Hello

Ok if you suspect the fuel pressure then I'd suggest the next step is to get a pressure gauge onto the fuel injector rail and measure the pressure with a running engine

if its below specification then you would have a lack of power ?

if its a over pressurizing then you would be running rich and using too much fuel

Expert:  Matt replied 9 months ago.

Hi

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you