rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

I am looking to buy a 2009 R350 and would like a better idea

Customer Question

I am looking to buy a 2009 R350 and would like a better idea as to what to look for when I see it. The valve body was just replaced by MB, so I know that has been updated. It does not have air suspension, so thats a plus to me. The records I have suggest it has been maintained by MB up to about 70K. It now has 104 on the clock. Outside of oil leaks, what should I look for / expect?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 6 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in the auto repair business with my own shops since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

A complete scan of ALL the computers will give you a clean bill of health for the cars operations. If all the fluids were changed regularly, that's another plus. I see no other areas of concern seeing that the maintenance is quite regular.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Automated response, really? Looking for a refund.