MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes

I just purchased a used 2004 Mercedes Benz ML350 and need to

Customer Question

I just purchased a used 2004 Mercedes Benz ML350 and need to reset the security code. How do I do it?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Mercedes. The Mercedes Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I do not have the owners manual so I had to order it online and I'm still waiting for that to arrive
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I hope I can do this myself, if not I will have to take it to Mercedes service department
JA: Is there anything else the Mercedes Mechanic should be aware of about your Mercedes?
Customer: Nothing else
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 5 months ago.

Hello, are you looking for the radio code? if so i will need your vin number please. Lou P.

you can find the vin on the left side of the windshield looking from outside the glass on the drivers side. starts with a 4JG on your model, also on the drivers door there is a sticker that tells the vin.