Kevin, Master tech
Experience:  Diagnostic technician

It's a 2006 ML Mercedes and at this point Indont think I

Customer Question

It's a 2006 ML Mercedes and at this point Indont think I will ever buy another MB product again. I've had continued problems with the electrical in this car - yesterday I had the driver seat belt buckle replaced. Because the seat belt alarm wouldn't stop got off and driver seat would not move to adjust in any direction. driver seat relay $500.00 That was yesterday today I get in the car and start down the street Amd the steering shut down
JA: Electrical repairs can be a challenge - so many wires, so little time. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I get it over it the mechanic and they tell me it's a shredded belt? Does a belt just all of a sudden shred?
JA: Is there anything else the Mercedes Mechanic should be aware of about your Mercedes?
Customer: The electrical seems to be a problem with the car in general I am kit sure who trust to fix things anymore ?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Kevin replied 5 months ago.
Hi im kevin yes unfortunatly they can shread without warning the trouble is the belt is rubber and exposed so over a period of time can go pourous and weakened .sometimes there can be an underlying reason ie bad bearing or pump that the belt runs but i would have expected your garage to have checked these but it not unusual just to get a belt break