Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

My parktronic system is not working, I've check all the

Customer Question

My parktronic system is not working, I've check all the sensors and they are working. I just get the red lights and the tone then it's turns off.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Mercedes. The Mercedes Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: My parktronic system is not working, I've check all the sensors and they are working. I just get the red lights and the tone then it's turns off.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes, the labour costs are ridiculous.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I've check the sensors front and back all working, that's as far as I've got.
JA: Is there anything else the Mercedes Mechanic should be aware of about your Mercedes?
Customer: Not that I know of.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 9 months ago.

HI MY NAMES IS CHAD I WILL TRY TO ASSIST YOU

CAN YOU TELL ME YEAR & MODEL & MILEAGE ?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
2011 w204 97000 mls

OK , ARE U THERE NOW

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I'm here

YES

GIVE ONE MINUTE SORRY FOR UR WAIT I M LOOKING UP THE TROUBLE SHOUTING STEPS

do u have a code reader and have u retrieve any fault codes ?

if I may ask how did u test the sensors visualy or using a diagnostic scanners and has the car been painted or any clear coat been sprayed for like fixing of a bumper cover and they had to take sensor out ?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I use a machanics stethoscope and tested each sensor individually, there are no error messages on the onboard computer and I've had a diagnostic reader plugged into the car with no errors. It's now gone passed 2230 hrs here in the UK and I'm going to bed. Good luck with your investigations.

OK GOOD NIGHT I WLL LET YOU KNOW

Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 9 months ago.

Hello, Lou P here. What kind of code reader are you using? most code readers only read the engine computer, you need a star diagnostic machine to read the parktronic control module. and i do not know how you are checking the sensors with a stethoscope that does not make any sense to me lol, you need a scanner to see what sensors are displaying correctly.