Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

I'm showing codes 0161 0156 0141 JA: Sometimes things that

Customer Question

I'm showing codes 0161 0156 0141
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Mercedes. The Mercedes Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The dash shows check engine electronics. Codes 0141 0161 0156
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I hope to
JA: Is there anything else the Mercedes Mechanic should be aware of about your Mercedes?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 10 months ago.

Hi, what year and model is your car? Have any parts been replaced for these codes?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
1998 e430 I haven't replaced anything
Expert:  Marty replied 10 months ago.

Okay, the fault codes are for the rear oxygen sensors. I'd inspect the wiring to the sensors and if it looks okay I'd replace the left and right rear oxygen sensors.

Let me know if you have any questions. Please remember to rate my service in order for the website to credit me for taking your question.

Marty

Expert:  Marty replied 9 months ago.

Hi, I'm just following up with you on the Mercedes. I never received credit from the website because you never rated my service. Are you satisfied with my help on this question?