Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

Doesn't start because def fluid is at 0 starts! But we have

Customer Question

Doesn't start because def fluid is at 0 starts! But we have def fluid in the tank
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Mercedes. The Mercedes Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: That's pretty much it we are just trying to figure out how to reset the computer
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Trying
JA: Is there anything else the Mercedes Mechanic should be aware of about your Mercedes?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 11 months ago.
Hello, unfortunately when the counter reaches 0 the car has to be towed to the dealer to be SCN coded to revert the system back to functionality. there is no other option i am sorry. if you were to fill the fluid up prior to the 0 starts then you could have cycled the key on and off 9 times quickly to reset the level. now if the fluid was full and the counter came up that means that the system has a internal error and needs diagnosed and fixed. hope this helps, i know it is not good news but i hope it saves you time trying to find a fix. Lou P.