Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.

My alarm goes off randomly. It went off several times two

Customer Question

My alarm goes off randomly. It went off several times two nights ago, then nothing. It has already gone off several times today. What is going on. How can this be fixed?
JA: A blaring car alarm can be frustrating and (for you and your neighbors.) How many miles are on the car?
Customer: 254,000
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: 2004 C240
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have tried nothing.
JA: Any recent repairs?
Customer: What do you mean by recent? A couple months ago, I had some work done to clear check engine light.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mercedes Mechanic should know about your Mercedes?
Customer: Nothing that I can think of. I have had no other problems until now.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 5 months ago.
Hello. The first thing I need to ask is does the alarm go off with the car locked or unlocked or both?
I may not be on too much longer tonight but I will see your reply and try to reply with the fix asap. Lou P.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The doors are unlocked when the alarm goes off. The car has been parked in my garage each time.
Ok good deal. This is an easy repair. You can either remove or replace the alarm. The alarm has an internal battery and when the alarm goes awry it will sound off whenever it feels like. I will send you a link to where the alarm is located. It's in the passenger fender behind the wheel and wheel well paneling. You do need safety TORX to remove it. Any parts store knows what these are.
Hello, did you get the annoying alarm to shut up? :)is there anything i can further assist with to earn a 5 star rating? please let me know and i will do my best to assist . Lou P.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks for your response. The problem has stopped temporarily. I have not yet checked into your recommendation.
ok,thanks for replying, yes download my info and keep it for if the issue persists, if you are lucky the alarm battery died and you wont hear it anymore. please reply back in the future if you need more help, i will do what i can to assist. Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate me so i may receive my credit , 5 stars is ideal , please request me in the future.Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou P.