MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes
15777119

Soft top stuck in compartment JA: Sometimes things that you

Customer Question

soft top stuck in compartment
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Mercedes. The Mercedes Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: trying to put the top down, it is now stuck below the arms that come from the hide away
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: the internet
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mercedes Mechanic should know about your Mercedes?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 10 months ago.
Hello, what year and model do you have and can you show me a picture of the position it stopped in, from what you describe i am thinking you have a R230 SL 500 style from 2003-2012 or so. let me know and i should be able to get you going, Lou P.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
1970 280SL
ok so i was wayyyyyy off lol, so can you upload some pictures so i can see the position of the top and where it is stuck at.