Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

I have 2008 c300 that is giving me the "remove key from

Customer Question

I have 2008 c300 that is giving me the "remove key from ignition" error immediately when key is inserted in ignition , the engine won't turn over but the radio and headlights work
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 9 months ago.
Hello , how many keys do you have? if 2 did you try both? it sounds like the eis (ignition switch ) is the issue , a second key would be best to diagnose this, there are also issues with relays in the drivers side fuse box also the jump start PREFUSE box on the passenger side near the battery. there are fuses inside that apply power to all the other fuse boxes. in order to diagnose this we need to turn the key on and check all the fuses in the drivers side fuse box and tell me what fuses do not have power they most likely will be all the fuses that are powered by the circuit 15 which is the key on power circuit. i am not sure if you are going to diagnose yourself but i am willing to bet you have a failed ignition switch. Lou P