Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really

Customer Question

JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Mercedes. The Mercedes Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Benz clk430 convertible too won't come back up and fluid leaking on trunk lid. It did make a a noise when putting the top down
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: No
JA: OK! The Mercedes Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else the Mercedes Mechanic should be aware of about your Mercedes?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. What has occurred here is either a hose/pipe for the hydraulic operation of the top has sprung a leak needing replaced or one of the hydraulic latches has developed a leak.This causes the pump to make noise and fluid loss preventing it from operating again until the leak is inspected to locate it and repair the leak then the hydraulic fluid topped off properly.I recommend having this done before trying to close the top as running the pump to long low on fluid like this can damage it to where it would need replaced if you continue to try and close it. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete