Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.

Problem started with loose fuel cap 1 click then abs BAS and

Customer Question

Problem started with loose fuel cap 1 click then abs BAS and ride controls alarms came on The car is an 2001 s500 mercedez
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 5 months ago.

Hi Greg, the loose fuel cap and the traction control warning lights are unrelated. This has to be a coincidence. Your traction control lights will come on if there is a fault with one of the sensors for the traction control. The only way to determine which sensor is at fault is to get the car connected to a Mercedes diagnostic tester for a scan of the traction control system. There will be fault codes stored that will point to the problem. You can try turning the steering wheel all the way to the left and then all the way to the right a few times to initialize the steering angle sensor. You can also check for any blown fuses in the passenger side fuse box under the hood. If you have no luck you will need to get the scan done.

Let me know if you have any questions. Please remember to rate my service in order for the website to credit me for taking your question.

Expert:  Marty replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm just following up with you on the Mercedes. I never received credit from the website because you never rated my service. Are you satisfied with my help on this question?