Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

2007 Mercedes GL450 - I've had an aftermarket tow

Customer Question

2007 Mercedes GL450 - I've had an aftermarket tow package installed, but I have no idea how to connect wires for break lights & blinkers. Any suggestions?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.
hello i am going over your info to see how i can assist, Lou P
ok so what is the part number of the wiring you purchased?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No wiring, I just purchased & installed the metal part that I can now connect a trailer hitch to. So, it sounds like I need to buy some wiring & perhaps that wiring would come with instructions, maybe?
ok yes and no, the trick is to get wiring and a relay that will power the wiring , mercedes uses a control module to power the lights, so if there is added resistance or not enough then the bulbs will not come on at all, its a little involved. once you turn on the lights you will need a relay to power up the lights that you are wanting to work at that time, so you will need quite a few, if this is something that you have never done before then i am not sure its something you want to do on your own, it can cause issues if not done right.