Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

Good Morning. While driving my GL450 yesterday i heard a

Customer Question

Good Morning. While driving my GL450 yesterday i heard a loud air noise (sounded like a tire blew) and my front drivers side dropped down. It is not sitting on tire and tire can move without touching the fender but it is definitely lower than the other side. When my airmatic lift comes on it says airmatic malfunction. can you tell me what might be going on?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Mercedes. The Mercedes Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: No, I just need to know what it is and if it is safe to drive till I can get it to the dealer on Monday
JA: OK! The Mercedes Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else important you think the Mercedes Mechanic should know about your Mercedes?
Customer: it is a 2011 GL450 with 74K miles. After it happened drove it home but have several places I need to go and need to know if it is ok to drive. Also I have the Delta Diamond Preimer warranty which is the top of the line for the Delta Car Warranty. Will it cover this issue?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 6 months ago.
Hello what happened was a shock airbag blew out. This is not safe to drive as the suspension is no longer at the correct height and damage to the tire and suspension can happen. You will end up getting both front shocks replaced and they may suggest a air compressor , fuse and relay as safe measure so you know what to expect. Let me know if you need more info. Lou P.
The warranty you have should cover the expenses provided you do in fact have the top option of the warranty and are working the warranty time and mileage.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
should I have the car towed to the dealership?
Absolutely. That is the best thing to do. It will not cause any damage to the rear bags for holding all the excess weight or the air compressor for constantly trying to air up the front shock.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok great. Thank you.
No problem. You can return here any time if you need follow up. I would be glad to help. Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉 Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou.
Or to rate you simply click on the stars above my answer. With 5 stars being the best. :) have a good weekend I hope all works out in your favor. Lou P
Hello. Did you get it towed to the shop and get a diagnosis yet ? Lou P.