Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

It doesn't accelerate correctly of the mark ie just to slow

Customer Question

JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Mercedes. The Mercedes Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Kompressor c200 when you accelerate of the mark it moves to about 10 and stays at that speed for about 10 seconds before going faster also if your say doing 60 and put your foot down their is nothing
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Possibly not I would like to no if it's going to be expensive
JA: Is there anything else the Mercedes Mechanic should be aware of about your Mercedes?
Customer: No thats it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 6 months ago.
Hello what year is your Mercedes ? Is there a check engine light on ? If you drive the car and manually shift down into first gear and take off and then up shift does the car drive differently ?, can you try that ? It sounds to me like your transmission is stuck into one gear and is most likely due to a failed speed sensor but that would depend on the year of your Mercedes. Lou P.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It's a 2003 model and is automatic
Ok , thanks ! I understand it is automatic , you can shift it manually by putting the shifter down into "D" and pressing the shifter to the left. Then the dash display will show a 1 for first gear and as you drive you wait until the rpms get to about 3 and then you press the shifter to the right and it will up shift 1 gear at a time all the way back to "D". So I need you to drive it like that to see if the numbers change and also if you feel the transmission shift.