Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.

I have an sl 55 amg 03 the problem is with the seats pluse

Customer Question

Hello i have an sl 55 amg 03 the problem is with the seats pluse mode the dealership says that the ballons of both seats are leak or the pump has worn out but they are not sure what should i do
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
my car also has a low pick up issue some times it gets fine and some times there no power the dealership says that the water pump is not working properly
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 5 months ago.

Hi , my name is ***** ***** will try to assist you in this issue.

Are the pump still running u should be able to hear them , even if there is a leak , it will not work correctly but u should hear pump?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
What about the water circulation pump is that the reason of a low pick up issue
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
there is no noise of the pump
Do you have any Check engine light on on the dash? Did the dealer give a print out with Fault code description .I need to know that before give an answer on the water pump .Usuall water pump will make it run hot and if it is running hot then engine can go in limp mode causing lack power but I need more info from you on that one?please let me know ?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Please check the imagines i have just sent

ok I m checking them now

How many miles on vehicle? Have the plugs been changed ?

OBD II Fault Code

• OBD II P0113

Fault Code Definition

• Intake Air Temperature Circuit High Input

What does this mean?

The Intake Air Temperature Sensor measures the rise and fall of the air temperature inside the Intake Manifold. This provides critical data needed for the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) to control the Air Fuel Ratio, the Ignition Spark Timing and many components of the Emission Control Systems.

Code P0113 sets when the voltage signal to the PCM from the Intake Air Temperature Sensor Circuit stays above 4.5 volts while the Coolant Temperature Voltage readings are rising and falling within an appropriate range.

• Check Engine Light will illuminate
  • In some cases, the engine may be hard starting and/or get poor fuel economy
  • Poor engine performance/hesitation on acceleration

Common Problems That Trigger the P0113 Code

• Defective Intake Air Temperature Sensor
  • Dirty air filter
  • Defective Mass Air Flow Sensor
  • Faulty or corroded Intake Air Temperature Sensor wiring or connections

Common Misdiagnoses

• Intake Air Temperature Sensor is replaced when the real cause is a dirty air filter
  • Intake Air Temperature Sensor is replaced when the real cause is a poor connection or chafed wiring
  • Intake Air Temperature Sensor is replaced when the real problem is in the Mass Air Flow Sensor

Polluting Gases Expelled

• HCs (Hydrocarbons): Unburned droplets of raw fuel that smell, affect breathing, and contribute to smog
  • CO (Carbon Monoxide): Partially burned fuel that is an odorless and deadly poisonous gas
  • NOX (Oxides of Nitrogen): One of the two ingredients that, when exposed to sunlight, cause smog

P0113 Diagnostic Theory for Shops and Technicians
When diagnosing a P0113 code, it is important to record the freeze frame information and then to duplicate the code setting conditions with a test drive while paying close attention to engine load, throttle position, RPM, and road speed on a data streaming scan tool. As you drive the vehicle, compare these values to the Intake Air Temperature Sensor PID or parameter ID. The Intake Air Temperature Sensor voltage values should rise and fall with changes in engine temperature. Compare the Intake Air Temperature or IAT readings to the Coolant Temperature Sensor readings, as they should move in tandem with each other. However, the Engine Coolant Temperature sensor will have a much higher temperature range.

Check the IAT sensor connector with the key on and the engine off. There needs to be a steady 5 volt reference voltage and a very good ground. Find and use the proper engine performance wiring diagram to discern the proper color and position of these wires in the connector.

It never hurts to do a key on-engine off voltage output test of the IAT sensor. Typically, I CAREFULLY use a heat gun to raise the temperature of the area around the sensor and study the change in values of the Intake Air Temperature. It's important to use the scan tool data stream as this will verify the IAT harness and connections.If you need help doin these test , I m goin to send a offer for a live discussion , but will need the scanner hooked up at the time of the phone call so I can run thru the diagnostic with you but its up to you. If you tell me the miles & prior work if any I can pinpoint it more thru the Q & A session.Thanks .Please let me know?

The 2027 is caused by the intake air temp sensor code p0113 usualy, but I will need to know the readings of mass air flow to confirm for you.

Hope I that was helpful to you. A 5 start positive rating is appreciated . You can continue to ask questions on this post and I will be happy to provide u any additional info u need on this issue with no additional charge. Thank you

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I am confused every one here says that the water pump which cools down the super charger is not working so need to replace that ...
Expert:  Marty replied 5 months ago.

Hi, different expert here. My name is***** fault codes you listed are indicative of a faulty charge air circulation pump. Please refer to the attached service bulletin below regarding this problem. Reply back to me if you have any questions.

Expert:  Marty replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I'm just following up with you on this question. Do you need any more help with this?

Expert:  Marty replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm just following up with you on the Mercedes. I never received credit from the website because you never rated my service. Are you satisfied with my help on this question?