Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles
45790705

The battery on my 2010 glk 350 is dead. just a click when

Customer Question

the battery on my 2010 glk 350 is dead. just a click when I turn the ignition key but the radio is working. Is the battery located next to the firewall on the passenger side under I plastic cover?
JA: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?
Customer: the car is in park. do you mean a steering wheel lock? I can turn the steering wheel about 3 inches in eaither way.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes - I am several miles from the nearest mercedes dealer and am mechanically adept. I have installed new baterrys in other cars.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I wasn't sure of the battery location and didn't want to start anything until I was sure of the battery location.
JA: Is there anything else the Mercedes Mechanic should be aware of about your Mercedes?
Customer: No - I have never had any problems with it and drove it yesterday. I did note that when I hit the lock or unlock on the key fob the signal noise was low.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 6 months ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** battery is located on the passenger side strut tower towards the back of the engine compartment .there is a black plastic cover on to of it and there is 3 clips that you can unclip no tools needed. http://youtu.be/3DIg89gH48k.this is a video I found that can help you on the location. I hope that helps . let me know /Thanks
If you are replacing the battery your self ,make sure you get one that matches the cold cranking amp of the one in it, Mercedes is funny about correct batteries if the system don't regonize the battery it might let the altenator stop charging. If you install and everything works like before that's great , if it doesn't let me know sometimes you have to register the battery to the car using a diagnostic scanner .