MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes
15777119

C250 Coupe: 2012 Mercedes C250. Took it in to dealer and got

Customer Question

2012 Mercedes C250. Took it in to dealer and got plugs replaced and fuel induction system kit (injector flush). A hose was also replaced. All codes cleared but still come up with Evaporative system and fuel system as red. It was like that when I took it in as well. No CEL. I can see these self test results on a monitoring tool I have for tracking the vehicle and it also looks at diagnostics. Why haven't they cleared?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  CHRIS ZAPANTIS replied 1 year ago.
Hello Im Chris an I will assist you.
I would wait for your check engine light to come on. The EVAP code definitely didnt get repaired with the service you did.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
EVAP code was there before and no CEL. What about fuel system?
Can you give me the codes you got? Im not sure of the type of tool you are using but fuel system is a very general term.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No code b/c no CEL. These are self tests i.e readiness monitors.
Do you know what that is?
Ah ok. It means that your computer has not checked these systems. Nothing to worry about. Keep driving and they will check.