MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes
15777119

Which one/ there are a couple...I think I have to replace

Customer Question

Which one/ there are a couple...I think I have to replace the Power Steering Gear Box, but I don't knnow if the leak could be coming from above it
JA: Someone once said knowledge gives us power. In this case, quite literally! The mechanics will know how to get to the bottom of any power problems, and I'd love to put you in touch with the best one for the job. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: My name is ***** *****
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: No, I'm 82 and don't have access to a lift
JA: OK! The Mercedes Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else important you think the Mercedes Mechanic should know about your Mercedes?
Customer: Just looking at possibilities
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 8 months ago.
Hi Jim, my name is***** year and model Mercedes do you have?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
1986 560 SEC It's a real nice car..It sat up for 9 years in the garage. Had the engine serviced (fuel lines cleaned,both fuel pumps replaced, etc) so that part is OK...can't keep power steering fluid full (it ends up on the floor in cat litter) There is fluid all over the power steering gear box, so I'm not sure.. I am 82 so getting into a position to check things out is a bit difficult.
There are zero MD mechanics here so I need to get as much
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
There are zero MD mechanics here so I need to get as much info as I can, so I can best determine the direction to go.