Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

I apologize: I was just informed that the runaround was

Customer Question

I apologize: I was just informed that the runaround was caused by my stupid bank refusing to authorize a charge on my credit card.
So let's start over. Our 600Sl has a rattle in the back, and we were told this PROBABLY was the baffle loose in the gas tank. Will it harm the car to drive it for awhile (we are some distance from a Mercedes dealer) as long as we keep the gas tank full?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 11 months ago.
Hi, I replied to your previous question. I will copy and paste my previous reply to you.
Expert:  Marty replied 11 months ago.
Hi, I replied to your previous question. I will copy and paste my previous reply to you.Yes it is perfectly fine to drive the car with a loose baffle in the tank. Aside from the noise there is nothing to worry about.Please let me know if you have any questions. Please remember to rate my service in order for the website to credit me for taking your question.