Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.

S430: 2001 S430 trunk lid will not open. Tried key fob, Trunk

Customer Question

2001 S430 trunk lid will not open. Tried key fob, Trunk release switch on door and mechanical key. Any ideas on how to get it open?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 5 months ago.
Hello sorry for the delay, you most likley have a failed and leaking trunk lid element, you can try and reset the vacuum pump control unit by removing the fuse and reinstalling it if it is not blown or replacing it if it is blown, its fuse 62 under the back seat , here is a link on how to access it. also we can use the metal key to open the trunk if the fuse trick does not help , you do have the metal key correct?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I tried fuse 62 (not blown) and the metal key (which I have). Metal key, left turn to 10 is what roadside assistance said. It kind of turns but not to 10. I've spent an hour on it with no release.
Ok you can try some wd40 to free it up. That's the problem with key fobs is no one ever used the keys. It will free up they usually do. See once you remove and insert the fuse it should have allowed the locks to work again did it not ?