sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I locked my keys in my trunk in gatlinburg,TN 37738 JA: Sometimes

Customer Question

I locked my keys in my trunk in gatlinburg,TN 37738
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Mercedes. The Mercedes Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: someone opened my car doors but security will not allow me to pop trunk
JA: Many things can cause a car to make those weird sounds. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I would love to but doubt I have
JA: Is there anything else the Mercedes Mechanic should be aware of about your Mercedes?
Customer: the guy who was trying to pop the trunk was pulling out fuses and lost one. he put a 40 in slot 17 (prior it had 30). I hope that's not a big issue
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 9 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!Depending on what the vehicle actually is you may be able to enter the truck through the back seat or it may have a lock cylinder. If it has a lock cylinder then you can have a simple blade key cut by a locksmith or dealer using the VIN and then unlock the trunk. Prices will vary depending on where you go but my dealer charges $5 for this.What year and model is the vehicle?