Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.

C220: Inherited a 1994 C220 sedan, only 30K but the wire harness

Customer Question

Inherited a 1994 C220 sedan, only 30K but the wire harness is deteriorated, researched and noted this is a known problem. Ordered an OEM replacement engine harness and was informed the harness ordered was the correct P/n. (202-540-38-32). The original harness Pn is 210-584-00-47. However I received the harness and immediately noted some differences,one was the VAF/ECT sensor connector, which is addressed under Mercedes TB 54/76. I also came across a terminating connector which is a single connector on the new harness and is two connectors on the old harness. I am almost to the point of researching all the connectors and building the harness myself. Looks like I have inherited a big problem. Are there optional P/n to the harness? (I also purchased the transmission harness and I haven't even looked at the compatibility yet). Regards, Tom
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 5 months ago.
Hi Tom, the original part number you posted is not a valid part number for an engine harness. Can you double check the number? Also post your vin number and I will see what part number I come up with for the harness.
Expert:  Marty replied 5 months ago.
When I look up the harness without the vin number I come up with the 202 540 38 32.