Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

Turn signals flash super fast JA: Sometimes things that you

Customer Question

turn signals flash super fast
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Mercedes. The Mercedes Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: 1973 450SL turn signals are flashing really fast; so fast that you can can't really tell they are flashing.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes, I hope so.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing yet. i've read that this problem is often related to a faulty flasher relay, but I can't locate it to replace it.
JA: Is there anything else the Mercedes Mechanic should be aware of about your Mercedes?
Customer: not that is pertinent.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Eric replied 6 months ago.
HI,It is underneath the dash1. take off lower dash cover2. reach up under dash in middle (steering wheel being middle). There is a ledge, you plug in the relay from the top -not from the bottom