Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

2000 so 500. Soft top stuck and windows stuck JA: Sometimes

Customer Question

2000 so 500. Soft top stuck and windows stuck
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Mercedes. The Mercedes Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Ditto top stuck window won't react
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If I can
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mercedes Mechanic should know about your Mercedes?
Customer: Getting the top activated is the highest priority
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 6 months ago.
Hi, sorry for the wait on this question. On a 2000 model SL you need to get the car connected to a Mercedes factory level scan tool in order to read and erase the fault codes in the convertible top control module. If there are fault codes stored in the module they can prevent the roof from working. The windows should still work however. The windows are also controlled by the top control module. If they are not working I would check the fuses in the trunk fuse box. If all fuses are good there is a possibility that the top control module is faulty.Let me know if you have any questions. Please remember to rate my service in order for the website to credit me for taking your question.Marty