MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes
15777119

JA: . How can we be of help? Customer: my c 200

Customer Question

hi
JA: Hello. How can we be of help?
Customer: my c 200 mercedes has unusually high fuel consumption
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Mercedes. The Mercedes Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: ok. i can smell fuel when im inside the car. but i see no leakage. i suspect something is wrong with the fuel system
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: i have a workshop with about three mechanics. We are in Zambia.
JA: Is there anything else the Mercedes Mechanic should be aware of about your Mercedes?
Customer: id like to be sure they dont damage anything if they try to drop the fuel tank and check the lines.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Greg replied 6 months ago.
Do you smell fuel at all time or just with a full tank.meaning when tank is low do you still have the smell of fuel .Is the check engine light ON when the engine is running ,What year is this C200. Rgds Greg