Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

My key won't unlock my Mercedes C230 Kompressor how do I check

Customer Question

My key won't unlock my Mercedes C230 Kompressor how do I check my battery for my key
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Mercedes. The Mercedes Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Sometimes it won't even start my Mercedes have to play with it for a second but I think it's the battery in the key
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes if I can
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Not one thing at
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mercedes Mechanic should know about your Mercedes?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** is a red LED towards the front part of the key that will blink when you press one of the buttons on the remote. If the LED is blinking it indicates that your batteries are good. The batteries in the key are only for the remote. They do not have any effect on the key turning in the ignition. If you are having trouble turning the key the problem will either be the key itself or the electronic ignition switch.Let me know if you have any questions. Please remember to rate my service in order for the website to credit me for taking your question.Marty