MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes
15777119

I have a 2004 c180 compressor, which runs well but, has problems

Customer Question

I have a 2004 c180 compressor, which runs well but, has problems idling.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Mercedes. The Mercedes Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The car idles well when it is in park or neutral, but as soon as you put it in drive or reverse & moving slowly, the car shakes & sometimes cuts out, or the rev counter bounces between 1000 revs & approx. 200 revs. It Usually happens in slow traffic or trying to park.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I'm not sure, depending on how complicated the job is, I might get a garage to fix it.
JA: Is there anything else the Mercedes Mechanic should be aware of about your Mercedes?
Customer: When driving normally or even at speed the cars great, responds well no noises, the car runs quietly.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 11 months ago.
Hello, do you have any misfire codes? also if you start the car and press the brake does the idle change?