Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

Mercedes-Benz: good morning I have a 03 Mercedes Benz C240

Customer Question

Hi good morning I have a 03 Mercedes Benz C240 AC not working I change AC compressor change radiator fan the compressor still not engaging I don't seem to see the outside temp sensor can not stop the AC compressor from engaging
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. On this model if any fault codes have set in the heater/ac control panel this disables the ac from operating as this is the way Mercedes had designed this feature.In order for the ac to operate again after the parts you have replaced is to have the fault codes cleared out using either a dealers SDS machine plugged into your model or a compatible scan tool that will plug into your model and can communicate with the heater/ac control panel to clear out the fault codes.Mercedes has also released a software update that a dealer can perform on your vehicle that will disable this feature this way the ac will still operate when certain fault codes set and will not be disabled anymore.I would have the codes checked/cleared out.The outside temp sensor is usually located in front of the radiator on the bumper support or on a bracket in front of the radiator.In some cases it is found near the bottom of the radiator or near the fog light and pokes through the front bumper. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I looked everywhere I even take off the front bumper and I still cannot locate the outside temp sensor can the outside temp sensor stop the AC compressor from engaging
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
Let me check real quick and see if I have a picture of this to post here,I will be right back.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Can I also get the wiring diagram that goes to the outside temp sensor
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
O.k.,below are two pictures of this sensor and sensor location.The sensor will cause the ac to not operate if it is sending an incorrect temp signal.https://www.dropbox.com/s/qjo1xx47028ua37/a-05-12.gif?dl=0https://www.dropbox.com/s/61vh1h9nwzjjl48/am-05-12.gif?dl=0 Unfortunately I do not show the wiring on this sensor myself here.It is usually a two wire sensor. Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here. Thanks Pete