Kurt Kennedy
Kurt Kennedy, ASE master with L1
Experience:  Shop foreman at Auto-Lab of Texas
93876653

My 450GL 2012 started lowering the front after I park - going

Customer Question

My 450GL 2012 started lowering the front after I park - going on now for about 3 weeks.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Mercedes. The Mercedes Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I have noticed for 3 weeks now that my car's front (2012 450GL) lowers when I park it. Also, it feels like my car is bouncing up and down when I go over small bumps. Didn't feel this before.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes, but will take to shop if needed or too complicated to fix
JA: Great! What have you tried so far? Is there anything else important you think the Mercedes Mechanic should know about your Mercedes?
Customer: I drive it a lot - it's already at 93K
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Kurt Kennedy replied 10 months ago.
Sorry to hear your GL is having issues, they are such nice trucks! What is happening is you have a leak in the air suspension somewhere between the air compressor and the front air shocks. The most common issue is the air shocks. What happens is they devolpe a slow leak just due to regular wear and tear and once the car sits, the air bleeds out of them and the end result is a lowered front of the vehicle. It is very important to get this issue taken care of quickly as this can cause the air compressor that supply's the air to the air shocks to over work and actual fail its self also. the repair is pretty straight forward, however the parts are not cheap. I have also done conversion kits for people which is cost friendly which removes the air suspesion struts and replace it with a regular coil over type strut (which is what is on a regular car) Please do not forget to rate me. By rating me that is the websites only way to track and monitor my performance. As also, once you do rate me, this thread will remain open and you are more than welcome to ask any other questions you have and ill be more than happy to help any way I can! Thank you!