Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

1997 MB E420 WILL NOT SHUTOFF WHEN KEY REMOVED

Customer Question

Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. This can be due to an internal electrical fault with the electronic ignition switch itself needing replaced.I have seen failure with the electronic ignition switch cause this type of fault here needing replaced for this issue.If this has not been tested to see if this is the cause this needs done and usually requires a multi meter to test.If you have one of these tools to test with let me know and I can see if I can locate the testing info for you.If anything after market has been wired in (like a remote start or alarm system) this may be shorting out with its ecu internally causing this fault needing either removed and repaired or replaced. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete