MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes

I just replaced the fuel pump and filter, car still acts like

Customer Question

I just replaced the fuel pump and filter, car still acts like it's not getting fuel and will not start. It is intermittent.
JA: Figuring out why a car won't start can be a challenge - it could be a simple repair, or something a bit more complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Replaced battery two weeks ago. Since I've had problems getting the car to start. No fuel pressure on the injector rail. Replaced fuel pump and filter. Still having starting issues.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Not really. Just don't want to spend another 1000 dollars and no results.
JA: OK! The Mercedes Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else important you think the Mercedes Mechanic should know about your Mercedes?
Customer: No it's a great low mileage 1999 CLK430
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 5 months ago.
Hi, I need a little more information. Are you still getting no fuel pressure at the rail? Are you getting spark to the spark plugs? Will the car run if a little ether is sprayed into the air intake?