Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.

My ignition key to my merc E240 2001 model is out of battery

Customer Question

my ignition key to my merc E240 2001 model is out of battery to change the battery please
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Mercedes. The Mercedes Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: the battery to my Merc E240 is out. How do i open it and fix a new battery?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I couldnt open the casing of the key
JA: Is there anything else the Mercedes Mechanic should be aware of about your Mercedes?
Customer: no.....just problem to replace the battry
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 5 months ago.
Hello, to change the battery you need to remove the metal key, then use the tip of the key to slide over the grey slider inside the key opening and then the top of the key will partially come up, then use a fingernail to pry it up the rest of the way. let me know if this helps. i will see if i can get a video as well. Lou P.
here is a link to a video, i hope this helps. Lou P. Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate me so i may receive my credit , 5 stars is ideal , please request me in the future.Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou P.