MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes
15777119

My key is stuck in my ignition and wont come out or turn JA:

Customer Question

My key is stuck in my ignition and wont come out or turn
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Mercedes. The Mercedes Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The key jad been getting stuck in the ignition once or twice before but i put the car in neutral then back to park and it would pop right out. Today it stayed in there and wont come out or turn anymore
JA: Many things can cause a car to make those weird sounds. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes i would like to fix it myself
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Wiggling it, putting it back to park
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mercedes Mechanic should know about your Mercedes?
Customer: I just had my key reprogram about 2 weeks ago, but the key sticking in the ignition has been happening before that
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is***** for the long wait on this question. I need to know the year and model of your Mercedes in order to advise you.