Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.

320: R170 top not working pump has fluid level correct pump

Customer Question

R170 top not working pump has fluid level correct pump runs and lights stays illuminated red
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 5 months ago.
Hi, my name is***** would manually open the roof and then see if it will raise on it's own. Sometimes the system gets out of sync and you can correct it by lowering the roof into the trunk. Make sure the the luggage cover is pulled into position and make sure that the windows lower when you pull back on the switch. If there is a problem with the windows lowering the roof will not open.Let me know if you have any questions. Please remember to rate my service in order for the website to credit me for taking your question.Marty
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Can you send me manual lowering procedure please
Expert:  Marty replied 5 months ago.
The procedure for raising the roof manually is in the owners manual on page 226. You basically reverse the procedure. Click on the link below for the manual. Be careful you don't pinch fingers!