Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer with 23 years experience in the auto industry, 8 yrs in formula 1 engine testing

My battery is dead in my Mercedes the batteries located in

Customer Question

My battery is dead in my Mercedes the batteries located in the trunk and I can open the trunk because the battery is dead
JA: Battery issues can be tough to diagnose - lots of things to consider. Luckily, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I need to jump my car with cables but unable to open the trunk because the battery is dead
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes I'm in the driveway I'm kind of stuck here
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I had to Google where the battery was located and they said it was in the trunk and that's as far as I got
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mercedes Mechanic should know about your Mercedes?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Matt replied 5 months ago.
Hello A flat battery means you can't get the deadlock or alarm system to release its grip I'd start by charging the battery you should be able to do this via the cigarette lighter / accessory socket. You'll need the appropriate attachment for your charger but car accessory shops sell these- Alternatively if you can't get into the car/ boot the other way to do this is jack the car up so you can get under the front. Locate the starter motor and the large power cable that runs to it - connect the positive battery charger lead to this terminal then connect the charger negative lead to the metal of the engine block This should complete the charging circuit and get some power into the battery allowing you into the car
Expert:  Matt replied 5 months ago.
Hido you still need help?Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you