sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I HAVE A 2009 C300 AND ON THE A/C CONTROL HEAD HAS A "MAX COOL"

Customer Question

I HAVE A 2009 C300 AND ON THE A/C CONTROL HEAD HAS A "MAX COOL" BUTTON AND WHEN ENGAGED THE LIGHTS ON THE CONTROL HEAD TURNS OFF, IS THE NORMAL OPERATION
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Mercedes. The Mercedes Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: THE A/C SYSTEM WORKS FINE, CUSTOMER CONCERN IS THE WHEN "MAX COOL IS ENGAGED THE LIGHTS ON THE A/C CONTROL HEAD TUNS OFF, BUT SYSTEM CONTINUES TO OPERATE
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: YES
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: REPLACED THE ALTERNATOR, THAT WAS INOP
JA: Is there anything else the Mercedes Mechanic should be aware of about your Mercedes?
Customer: NOTHING
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 11 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!No, it isn't normal for the control head to turn off when the max cool setting is selected. That would indicate an internal failure in the control head if it's powers and grounds were still present, it continued to operate but the display turns off.