Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

500SL: Have a 2004 MB 500SL. The convertible top is stopping,

Customer Question

Have a 2004 MB 500SL. The convertible top is stopping, then starting while going up/down? Any thoughts?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 6 months ago.
Hello, so sorry for the delay, i am great at soft top issues (hard top we call soft top ) , can you tell me what position the car stops at?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It seems to stop in different positions. I'm nervous to play with it, as I don't want it to completely die and I can't get it closed. The last time I opened it, it didn't really stop, but went very slow. The process take usually about 30 seconds, that time was probably a minute and a half. When I went to close it, it went the first 90% percent of the process fine, but took a few minutes along with me releasing and repressing the button to do last final close/ sealing up at the end.
ok so the common issue is the small flaps that are on the trunk that swing open when the top opens , open the trunk and see if they are tucked up tight against the fabric.