Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.

I have CLK(###) ###-####coupe, the remote key could not unlock

Customer Question

I have CLK(###) ###-####coupe, the remote key could not unlock the car, I open the car using the manual key. Unfortunately, I could not turn the key in the ignition switch. All car battery and key battery are new.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Mercedes. The Mercedes Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Pls help
JA: Is there anything else the Mercedes Mechanic should be aware of about your Mercedes?
Customer: I think that's all I know of at this moment
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 5 months ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** apologize for the wait on this question. As long as the car battery is good and the cable connections are good this problem is most likely to be either a faulty key or a faulty ignition switch. The ignition switch receives the signal from the remote to open the doors and also processes the information from the key when you insert it into the ignition. If the car will not unlock with the remote and the key will not turn in the ignition either the key has failed or the ignition switch has failed. If you have another key you should try it. If you don't have a spare key you will need to order one from the Mercedes dealer. If the second key will not work you will most likely need to replace the ignition switch.Let me know if you have any questions. Please remember to rate my service in order for the website to credit me for taking your question.Marty