Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

C320: I have a 2003 C320 and do not know if it has sports suspension.

Customer Question

I have a 2003 C320 and do not know if it has sports suspension. My tires are 225/45R17 91W and vin is WDBRF84J73F385175. It is a 4 door sedan and says Sport on the outside trim panel but I do not know it that means it has a "sports suspension". I am getting shocks and I need to know which suspension it has.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 10 months ago.
Hello, check all 4 of your tires and the sticker on the side of the drivers door jamb that stated the tire size, if you have offset tires then you have the sport suspension, which of course is why it says sport on the side of the car. i cant believe your dealer did not know this. i will also check the vin but those are the dead give aways. Lou P.
what exactly are you trying to buy? i can give you the oem part numbers to use as a reference.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I called the Parts department and gave them the vin and they said it does not specify if it is sport suspension or not. The tires are all the same size. The mercedes shocks are $285 and I can get Bilstein's for much less on line. But I have to know if it is sports suspension
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Are you going to call me?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Are you still there?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
So if the tires are all the same and are low profile and are 225/45R17 91W and it is a four door sedan that says "Sport" on the outside trim, is it a sports suspension? It might just mean sports interior. I have to know for sure to order the shocks. Thanks
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I know the MB part number(###) ###-#### ***** you know what Monroe or Bilstein rear shocks number that would replace this?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I did not get a satisfactory answer so I am shutting off and sorry please don't charge me. Gary
you must give me time to reply,
first off i tried to accept the phone offer and it said payment failed,
if you still want my help let me know until then i am moving on, sorry i could not respond fast enough, i am here if you need me.