MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes

I would like to know where the fuses are under the back

Customer Question

hi I would like to know where the fuses are under the back seat in a 2004 Mercedes s430. I have the seat out & have located some apparatus in a metal box under the back seat right hand side. This does not look like a fuse box to me & I am naturally cautious about disturbing what might be the computer. I am wanting to check fuse 62 which operated the power locking by the way which is not working at all.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Mercedes. The Mercedes Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: well I have to mention that I have just had a new battery installed by a motor parts distributor. Although I had a drivers door issue before with the pneumatic opener once I had the battery disconnected the central locking & trunk will not lock or open at all with the key fob
JA: Dealing with a malfunctioning key fob can be frustrating and really inconvenient -- the mechanics will have somegood ideas about what to do. Is there anything else the Mercedes Mechanic should be aware of about your Mercedes?
Customer: I don't think I have any other issues
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  cardoctor74 replied 5 months ago.
Let me know if this link helps you .<a href=">ClickHere</>