Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

Mbz slk 350: have a 1025 slk 350 mbz hard top will not go

Customer Question

have a 1025 slk 350 mbz hard top will not go down says is locked in driving mode
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

The first thing that needs done here is to have the fault codes read out/checked to see what codes are set with this issue here.Once this has been done any codes set need diagnosed to locate and repair this issue.I have seen issues with top position sensors cause this fault here as well as a failing latch.Having the codes read out will help narrow down the cause.The same scan tool/computer can be used to monitor the roof position sensors to see if and which is the cause needing replaced.

Since you have a driving mode message this may be a fault with the vehicle speed sensor itself at fault sending an incorrect vehicle speed or wheel speed sensor doing the same causing the no top operation.

All of these need checked into here to locate the source of the fault then from there it can be repaired to correct this issue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete