Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.

2000 S 430... I need to have the catalyst Monitor reset JA:

Customer Question

2000 S 430... I need to have the catalyst Monitor reset
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Mercedes. The Mercedes Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: i am trying to get my 2000 S 430 smog tested; the getting a "Catalyst Monitor Not Ready" output and need to know how to turn this on or reset
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: so I can pass my smog
JA: Is there anything else the Mercedes Mechanic should be aware of about your Mercedes?
Customer: yes, I will fix myself just need directions on how to fix/reset the monitor
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 5 months ago.
Hello, there is no reset, it will happen naturally after driving BUT the car has to meet the right criteria such as starting from a cold engine to a warm engine and driving so many miles, every time the check engine light gets reset it resets the timers and starts the check all over again so be careful not to do that. it can take 25miles in one day or it can take 100 miles over the course of a week. hope this helps, there is no fast process when it comes to IM readiness monitors. Lou P.