Kurt Kennedy
Kurt Kennedy, ASE master with L1
Experience:  Shop foreman at Auto-Lab of Texas

I have a 2008 MB S600. How do I check the engine oil? Is there

Customer Question

I have a 2008 MB S600. How do I check the engine oil? Is there a dip stick?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Kurt Kennedy replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your question! There is not a dipstick on this particular vehicle to check the engine oil level. There is a sensor that is built into the oil pan that measures the oil level and also the condition of the oil. This sensor also is constantly monitoring oil level and condition and will bring up a message on the display if the oil level is low. To check this yourself: turn the key to position 1 (the SRS light illuminates) and make sure the cluster is displaying the MPH or Temp in the main display (Basic Display) and press the Trip Reset button three times quickly. The I/C will beep and will give you a reading in quarts. Please remember the only way I can get graded on my services is if you rate me. Please rate the quality of my help on honestly and as always feel free to ask any questions you may have!Thank you